Saturday, July 2, 2011

Finally, the Colon!





I finally made it to the Teatro Colon and it was AMAZING and totally worth the three year wait.  I heard that Mikhail Baryshnikov said it was the most beautiful theatre in the world that he had danced in, and while I have not danced in every theatre myself I think I would have to agree with him. When I arrived in Buenos Aires the theatre was closed for restoration and remained closed for years because of a fallout with the unions and the workers and the government.  Last year it opened briefly but then closed again, and it recently opened once more, so I snatched some tickets to see the ballet Sleeping Beauty with a full orchestra playing Tchaikovsky´s music.  It was like a three hour dream.  The theatre is unbelievable.  My next trip will be to see an opera...

No comments:

Post a Comment